Saturday, January 17, 2009

First 5,000 Miles

Left Chicago on a relatively balmy winter day (my birthday) - I think it got up to 20 degrees. Seeing as how it got down to -13 degrees Fahrenheit with a wind chill around -30 a few days prior, it wasn't so bad. Not to mention the foot or so of snow on the ground. The Chicago Winter did not let me get away without a fight.

I managed to cram all of my stuff into 2 suitcases, a messenger bag, and a briefcase. I figure I forgot a bag or so of stuff. We'll see...


My itinerary - 2 overnight flights with a 12-hour layover in Zurich in the middle. Before you feel bad for me though, you should know that I'm flying business class... so here's my seat...



... and as soon as I sat down, here's what they gave me... 2 mimosas and 3 canapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment