Friday, January 16, 2009

"We have a new need in South Africa..."

I got an email from HR one night saying that there was a new resource need in South Africa... in 10 days.

For those who don't know exactly what I do, I working as a strategy consultant for the Monitor Group, where I've been since 2006. I'll be working with a government entity in Johannesburg to help the country restructure their electricity distribution, essentially going from 187 power companies down to 6, essentially in order to help put an end to electrical shortages and rolling blackouts. So, I'm going down to help turn on the lights. It has a huge impact on quality of life - hospitals, schools, productivity, refrigeration, home appliances, connectivity, etc. I'll be spending most of my time working in my company's office down here and I'll be staying in a corporate apartment. They're also giving me a car to use and a cell phone. Good stuff.

So, for the next 10 weeks, I'll be in one convenient location... in Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment