Thursday, February 26, 2009

Home Sweet Home Pt V: My Gym

One nice thing about living at The Splice is having a gym in the building. When I heard about it, I feared the worst. As a veteran of hotel gyms, I know they usually include the bare minimum - a treadmill, an elliptical machine, and a TV, all built roughly 20 years ago. But, the gym at the Splice is actually really nice - new-ish equipment, free weights, decent ventilation - what more can you ask for? Maybe a TV that doesn't blare VH1 whenever I'm there. And no, it's not the VH1 I'm used to - it's British VH1. So it has music that was popular in the UK in the 80's and early 90's. Just awful.

Elliptical

Machines

Free weights


One problem though is converting weight from lbs to kgs - it's only 2.2x, but still it's hard to do all the time! Lifting is difficult enough without dragging arithmetic into it. Also, for some reason, I just feel much less manly benching 70 of something rather than 155 of something. More than feet or ounces or miles, I miss pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment